This section is designed to serve as a resource for VCU human resources professionals/associates in processing faculty appointments and changes in status. On these pages, you will find links to the most commonly used university faculty policies and procedures, as well as instructions for processing a variety of faculty contracts and related personnel actions.
In addition to this section and Inside HR, human resources professionals/associates are also encouraged to utilize the following resources for faculty hiring information, resources and policies:
- VCU Policy Library (searchable by keyword)
- VCU Faculty Handbook (now available via VCU Scholars Compass)
Faculty HR Section FAQs
The Faculty HR section is new to InsideHR and was previously called "PA and hiring resources" on the VCU Office of the Provost website. The section was moved to meet web accessibility requirements, to offer quality control of documents, and to provide a central repository of information and resources for HR professionals/associates.
Please note: documents and PDFs within this section are under review and may be updated soon to reflect the new InsideHR links. Thank you for your patience during this process.
The Faculty HR section was migrated to InsideHR in spring 2019.
The section and its resources were moved to InsideHR in an effort to centralize a lot of the VCU hiring and retention paperwork and resources.
When using the Faculty HR sections, please keep the following tips in mind:
- The InsideHR website is searchable; if you aren't finding a specific resource, click the magnifying glass icon in the upper right-hand portion of the page and try searching for it by keyword.
- Documents and PDFs are consistently being updated and improved; check back often to ensure you have the most recent version and try to avoid saving PDFs and documents to your computer's hard drive to help prevent using outdated materials.
- If you are looking for a university-level policy or information not on InsideHR, don't forget to check the following resources:
Links will have redirects to the new pages on InsideHR. However, InsideHR is VCU CAS protected, so links should not be presented to persons without VCU eIDs. Redirects are temporary, so it is suggested that bookmarks and saved links are updated.
As a reminder, it is not advisable to link directly to a PDF or document, as those links are subject to frequent change. Linking, instead, to pages where the resources reside is advisable.
In the coming months we will continue to update forms and documents with new links and nomenclature. Thank you for your patience.
If you have questions regarding resources listed in the Faculty HR section, please email Amy Unger via email@example.com.