The mid-year review is an opportunity for managers and employees to have a formal check-in at the mid-point of the performance cycle.
The review contains the following sections:
- SMART Goals
- Narrative section for each SMART goal
- VCU Core Competencies
- Narrative section for competency behavior areas of strength and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive Rating
- Rating section that takes into account goals and competency behaviors
- Narrative section explaining rating
- Update SMART goal progress.
- The employee completes a mid-year self-review.
- The manager completes a mid-year review and meets with the employee to discuss progress.
- The manager and employee electronically sign-off on the review.
Talent@VCU User Guide for Employees