Evaluate finalists and conclude the search
Evaluating finalists toolkit
Intended for the hiring authorities and search chair. Please utilize this toolkit to inform decisions around selecting the most qualified candidate to offer the position.
- Stakeholder feedback can be obtained through the use of a survey or Google form (please note that those with VCU Health email addresses cannot always utilize google docs).
- Feedback should be solicited from authorized individuals only. Authorized individuals include those within the VCU community who have valid system credentials, and any external individuals authorized by the hiring authority.
- Feedback should not involve ranking.
- The search committee may or may not be tasked to provide feedback following on-campus interviews; search committee members who participate in the on-campus interview may provide individual feedback. The search committee’s primary function is complete after recommending finalists to the hiring authority.
- All stakeholders should receive a link to the appropriate feedback form, and the open forum video presentations.
- The search chair typically collects the feedback and provides it to the hiring manager. Typically, it is recommended that the hiring manager receive broad stakeholder feedback via the online form.
- The hiring manager governs the final evaluation and feedback collection process. Feedback results are strictly confidential. Typically, only the hiring manager may see the results, sometimes the search chair will also be included in the aggregation or final review process. Rarely does the committee have access to this information.
- The search committee should be flexible at the end of the search. Depending on the hiring manager’s preference, they may or may not request the full search committee to reconvene after finalist interviews. The search committee may or may not be asked to:
- Provide individual written feedback on their interview experiences with candidates, via an online feedback form
- Individually submit a summary of strengths and weaknesses of each candidate finalist to the Search Chair who will aggregate and submit this information to the hiring authority