Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) is committed to recruit and retain progressive and diverse faculty, staff, and senior leadership with the skills and talents to advance quality teaching and learning, along with high impact research, scholarship and creative expression.
The Faculty Search Process Guidelines linked below provide a framework for how searches for faculty positions are to be conducted at VCU.Academic Administrators are hired through the faculty search process. These guidelines must be adhered to in order to support this commitment and ensure compliance with equal employment opportunity laws and practices.
Also linked below are key faculty recruitment forms, resources and other related tools to assist with the faculty recruitment process.
- Faculty Search Guidelines [PDF]
- eGuide to eJobs for Faculty Positions [PDF]
- Faculty Recruitment Guide for Search Committees [PDF]
- Faculty Recruitment Guide for Approvers [PDF]
- Video Tutorials for Faculty Recruitment
- Guidelines for lawful interviewing[PDF]
- Candidate screening form [PDF]
- Summary of candidate evaluations [EXCEL]
- Summary of candidate evaluations [PDF]
- Verification of Credentials [DOC]
- Search FAQs [PDF]
- Adjunct Position Recruiting and Hiring Guide [PDF]
- eGuide to eJobs for Non-Benefited Positions [PDF]
- Adjunct Faculty Position Description - Sample Template [DOC]
- Adjunct Faculty Position Description Completed Sample [DOC]
- Adjunct Faculty Position Description for Rolling Pool - Sample Template [DOC]
- Adjunct Faculty Position Description for Rolling Pool Completed Sample [DOC]
- Adjunct Faculty Non-Teaching Position Description - Sample Template [DOC]
- Adjunct Faculty Non-Teaching PD - Completed Sample [DOC]